Fueling the habit one deal at a time!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Saving 3/7/10




It's Sunday and that means grocery and drugstore shopping. It is the only day I can go without all of the kids in tow and that means I get to save even more money because there will be no children there begging for every toy or cool new candy we pass. I took along my trusty coupon helper, Skye. She is excellent at retrieving blinkies throughout the store and pushing the buggy. It makes my trip that much better when she tags along. I started off my trip at Walgreen's, then Food Lion, and because I like to save the best for last we went to Publix.


Here is a summary of what I got and how I did it.

Walgreen's
Transaction #1
Dr. Scholl's Back Pain Relief Insoles for Men $14.99
Dr. Scholl's Sport Insoles for Women $11.49

Used (2)$2/1 IP
(2)$3/1 WAG Q

Paid $16.48

Got $10.00RR

Transaction #2
10 Chattanooga Times Freepress Newspapers

Used $10RR

Paid $0.00


Food Lion

Pork Loin Roast 3.44lbs.@$1.99lb

Paid $6.85

I was really there looking for a coupon booklet I had heard about on another blog but had no such luck. That is when I passed by and saw the great price on the pork.

Publix

I bought a ton of stuff so I will just kind of highlight the best deals. We were in need of some more expensive staple items like meat which brought my total up a bit. Missing from the picture above are 4 tubs of Edy's ice cream.


(4)Rice Krispies Cereals $1.99 each
Used (2) $1/2 Blinkies
(4) $.55 Publix Q Healthy Meals Healthy Kids Booklet
Total $.94 each
(4) Special K Cereal $1.29
Used (4) $.70/1 Peelie
(1) $1.00/Coffee Q
Total $.59 each + $1.00 Coffee Discount
(3) Ritz Munchables
Used (3) $1/1 IP
Total $.86 each
(3) Oscar Mayer Deli Subs $1.00 each
Used (3) $.75/1 IP
Total $.25 each
(8) Kraft Shredded Cheese $1.66 each
Used (4) $2/2 Blinkies
Total $.66 each


Paid $169.87

Saved $183.41

Percentage Saved 52%

Also, tomorrow I will be returning 4 packages of Publix Microwave Bacon that rang up at the incorrect price of $3.99 each when the sale price was 2/$5.00. Publix policy is this item will be free. I have never done this before so we will see how it goes. This mistake will make a $15.96 difference in my total.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I went to Publix and they would only give me one bacon for free and the others for $2.50. My refund was for $8.46+tax This brings my spending total to $161.41 and my savings to $191.87. Which brings my percentage saved to 54%.

    ReplyDelete