Fueling the habit one deal at a time!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Challenge

I have been seriously couponing for about six months now. In the past I used tons of coupons but I often left them at home or did not plan my shopping to coincide with my coupons and sales. Since I started really planning my attack I have cut my grocery expenses in half and have more food and supplies (meds,ponytail holders, TP, napkins....) then ever before. In the good old days before the economy took a turn for the worse and Daniel was laid off for almost a year I did not really have a set budget but I typically spent $250 a week and more if I went to Sam's. I still shopped at several stores in order to get the best deal but I just was not planning how to use my coupons to save me the most money.Since I started using coupons I typically spend $150 a week but I get way more than I did when I spent $250. As a result my pantry is bulging and I have two refrigerators full of stuff. So I am challenging myself to cut my expenses each week since I really don't need anything else. My new budget will be $100 a week for groceries and drugstores. We will see how this goes and I hope to reduce this to $75 a week in the future. Remember that we are a family of six and my husband is quite the foodie so his grocery list tends to cost me more money but I hope to prevail. I will keep you posted with my spending each week and how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment