Fueling the habit one deal at a time!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I saved 92% at Walgreens today!


This week is a great week to try out Walgreen's. There are tons of freebies and money makers. I just got back from an awesome trip. Let me tell you how I did.
I got $261.95 in product. I saved $239.92! My out of pocket was $22.03 plus $16.54 in tax for a total of $38.57. I saved a total of 92%!!! Yippee!!!


I bought *8 Dulcolax Balance $10.00 each
Used (2) $4/1 IP
(6) $3/1 Hangtags on products
There is a $10.00 RR being printed for each one of these so this gave me a $26 overage! Please note you can only buy one of these per transaction to get RR and that you can not use the $10RR to buy the next one. Check out my scenarios below to see how it's done.

*7 Simply Saline $7.00 each
Used (7) $1/1 Q from SS 1/24, 11/15/09, 10/18/09
There is a $7.00 RR being printed for each one of these so this gave me a $7.00 overage! Please note you can only buy one of these per transaction to get RR and that you can not use the $7RR to buy the next one. Check out my scenarios below to see how it's done.

*8 Smart Waters $1.29 each
Used (8) $2.00/1 Water if you purchase Dulcolax Balance Hangtag
This coupon is not specific to Smart water. Any water could be purchased. There are some that are cheaper. I bought this one because it comes in a sports squirt top bottle. It is great for the kids. I made a $5.68 overage on these. Please note that this has to be purchased in conjunction with a bottle of Dulcolax. The register will beep when you make this purchase and your cashier will have to manually key in the coupon.

*2 Children's Benadryl Melt Aways $4.99 each
Used (2) $1.50 IP
There is also a coupon you can stack with this in the Walgreens childrens coloring book if you have one. I have yet to find them so I just did the $1.50 off.
There is a $5RR printing on the purchase of two Benadryl childrens products. My total was $6.98 plus I got back $5 RR so it was like paying $1.98/2!

*1 Dove Conditioner $4.00
Used (1) $2/1 Dove Hair care product IP (no more prints)
There is a $4 RR printing for this. This is a rolling register reward and there are coupons in this weeks paper so I am planning to go back and get more.

*1 Dentek Floss 55 yards $2.00
Used (1) $1.00/1 IP
There is a $2 RR printing on this purchase so it makes it free plus a $1.00 overage.


I also bought 15 Chattanooga Times Freepress as filler items. They are $1.00 each at Walgreens and it is something I needed anyways.

Other filler items were a paperback book ($7.99), petroleum jelly ($4.29), Misc. easter basket items ($10.50)

I still have $20.00 in Register Rewards that I plan to use to start the Dove rolling haircare transaction and buy some more easter basket goodies and maybe some cokes and cottonelle.

There are so many great ways to make money at Walgreen's this week I am sure I will make several trips back there this week. I did 16 transaction today and usually I will do no more than four. I would like to thank Morgan my fabulous cashier over in cosmetics for allowing me to do this and never getting impatient with me. I stopped twice an let other customers go ahead and check out and took a brief break to regroup and take my stuff to the car. It was an awesome trip!

Here are a few scenarios to get you started:

You’ll end up with $14 in RR, Spent $3.61 out of pocket (OOP) & You have $47.36 worth of product! Woo Hoo! :-)

If you don’t have the CAB coupon, skip the last transaction. And remember, I don’t include tax because tax rates and what’s taxed is differerent everywhere. Hope this helps!

Buy
1 – Dove Shampoo or Conditioner or Styling $4
1 – Dentek Floss $2
Use
-$2/1 Dove Haircare PRINT (must register)
-$1/1 DenTek Floss Pick Or Floss, Any Purchase Of $2.00 Or More – 01-17-10 SS
Total $3
Get Back $4 RR Dove & $2 RR DenTek

Buy
1 – Simply Saline Allergy Relief Nasal $7
2 – Easter Cups or Bags $.25 (w/in ad Q)
Use
-$1/1 Simply Saline Nasal Product, any – 10-18-09 SS or 11-15-09 SS or 01-24-10 SS
-$4 RR Dove
-$2 RR Dentek
Total $.25
Get Back $7 RR Saline

Buy
1 – Dulcolax $10
1 – Dentek Floss $2
1 – Easter Cup or Bag $.13 (w/in ad Q)
Use
-$4/1 Duloclax PRINT (must register)
-$1/1 DenTek Floss Pick Or Floss, Any Purchase Of $2.00 Or More – 01-17-10 SS
-$7 RR from Saline
Total $.13
Get Back $10 RR Dulcolax & $2 RR Dentek

Buy
1 – Simply Saline Allergy Relief Nasal $7
1 – Dentek Floss $2
1 – Walgreens One Daily Multivitamins 100ct. $3
Use
-$1/1 Simply Saline Nasal Product, any – 10-18-09 SS or 11-15-09 SS or 01-24-10 SS
-$1/1 DenTek Floss Pick Or Floss, Any Purchase Of $2.00 Or More – 01-17-10 SS
-$10 Dulcolax
Total $0
Get Back $7 RR Saline, $2 RR DenTek, $3 RR Wags Vitamin
AND You still have another $2 Dentek!

Buy
2 – Children’s Benadryl 4oz or Tablets 18ct. $4.99 each
2 – Easter Cups $.25 (w/in ad Q)
Use
2 -$1.50/1 from HERE.
-$1/1 Benadry, Childrens CAB WQ (expires 3/30) (takes off $2)
-$3 RR Wags Vitamins
-$2 RR Dentek
Total $.23
Get Back $5 RR & You still have $7 Saline, $2 RR DenTek!

Thanks! Wild for Wags and Southern Savers

Let me know how you did or if you know about any other great deals in the comments section. Visit Wild for Wags or Southern Savers for the coupon match-up links.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren,
    Congrats on the super savings! Freda and I enjoyed reading your blog. She is wanting to start couponing on a very small scale. How would you suggest she start? Thanks, Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would start with two Sunday papers each week and an accordion file folder. I will post some pics this week of my "organization" or lack there of. Currently the entire table in the kitchen is covered in coupon paraphernalia. There are some great diaper deals I will pass along for your kids next week and just let me know if there is something your looking for and I will do my best to track it down.

    ReplyDelete